Monday, April 15, 2013

SOW:Nepal Indigo!!

Confession:  I stole this weeks SOW look from Kate Hudson.  Confession #2:  I'm not sorry about it!  This weekend, as I was perusing pinterest for DIY's that I'd never attempt, I stumbled upon this gem of an outfit!  Kate Hudson, you have never looked better!  With that, I had to go with the Nepal Indigo as our Skirt of the Week!

I have been waiting to spotlight this skirt since she came out!  She is one of my favorites!!  The base is a medium-heavy weight cotton ikat print with a blind hem.  Want to feel skinny?  The structure to this skirt is outstanding, so she will keep you in nice and tight!
Mixed Prints
As soon as I found this photo of Kate Hudson, I knew I wanted to create an outfit just like it.  Mixed prints are still in,  Kate nailed this trend!  If you are new to wearing mixed prints, this look is a great place to start.  Mixed prints have enough going on, so I love that she went with a monochromatic color scheme.  I nabbed the same exact shirt from Ann Taylor.  The light blue of the blouse is a nice refreshing color.  Keep the shoes plain and navy to go with the skirt.

Not into mixed prints?  No problem, a plain Michael Stars top will do the trick.  I love coral, magenta, reds, orange and yellow with this skirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment