Friday, April 12, 2013

Wear this / Not that!

Spring is here with Summer around the corner.  I couldn't be more excited!  Now its time to finally think about my warm weather wardrobe.  Put away the scarves and break out the tank tops!  I should probably hit the gym more routinely now too ;)

One of my biggest wardrobe struggles are the casual occasions.  You know the ones.  Brunch with girlfriends, errands in town or a movie date.  You want to look nice, but not like you put in effort.  Jeans and a cute top are out due to the heat.  So what to do?
Wear this / Not that
If you're like me, the only reason to wear shorts is when you're working out.  They look amazing on Ralph Lauren models, not so much on me.  When I want that effortless, put together look, I always spring for  my Sevier Skirt.  Throw on a basic solid top and you're good to go.

So what makes the best shorts substitute?  If you like khakis, go for a beige or yellow skirt that goes with everything.  I suggest the Tribal Ivory or the Morning Dew Neutral.  Pair with your favorite soft t-shirt and you will look feminine and casual.

More of a jorts kind of girl?   Pick a blue skirt in the hue of your favorite blue jeans.  I guarantee we have any color from navy to royal to light blue.  If you're a dark wash kind of girl, go for the Eurydice Eyelet Navy.  Want a lighter wash color?  I love the Railroad Eyelet Seafoam.

Have a great weekend ladies!  See you on Monday with a hot deal!

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment