Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Resolutions!

I love this time of year.  I love the hope that comes with new resolutions and a new place to start.  No matter how content I am, I’m always open to self improvement.  With that, I want to share with you my  2014 resolutions...

1. Cook more
I am not a good cook.  We all have our strengths, cooking is not one of mine.  I botch recipes.  In fact, I am currently messing one up as I type ;)  Regardless, 2014 is going to be my year to kick it up in the kitchen, and cool it on going out to eat.  Right now, I am cooking the recipe you see below.  To Pinterest I went looking for a fresh spin on black eyed peas, a timeless New Year's tradition.  Click the below link for what I found...


2. Follow through with intentions
We all have nice thoughts that hit us during our day to day, but how often do we follow through with them?  For example, say you pass a cheap bunch of flowers in the store and think, 'that would be nice to give to my co-worker, she's having a tough week' but then you pass up on the thought as quickly as it came to you.  For my 2014, I want to follow through with reasonable intentions, and make small acts of kindness part of my repertoire. 

3. Read more
So far, so good on this resolution.  On my day off today, I am reading The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston.  So far, it's excellent.

4.  Use Creativity in the Workplace
No matter your line of work, creative thinking brings clever results.  This resolution is specific to this blog.  I am in awe of every reader that clicks in to read my posts.  Thank you, thank you, thank you by the way.  You deserve fresh topics and new ideas from me every week.  What do you want to hear about?  What do you want to see?  It is my goal this year to keep you on your toes with whats new at Sevier, and where are creative juices are flowing.  Stay tuned on my progress!

5. Dress Nicer
I work in a casual setting.  One tends to slip in appearance with such a flexible dress code; though I find a pep in my step when I go the extra mile (figuratively speaking) in my outfit.  Some say dress for the job you want.  Well my goal this year is to dress in the outfits I Pin (Pinterest reference).  I work at a hip skirt company for peat's sake, its time to dress the part!

Sevier



There you have it, my 2014 resolutions!  Today I accomplished four of the five.  I stayed in sweats all day if you’re wondering what resolution I didn’t hit.  Not bad for my first day!  What are your resolutions?  I’d love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment