Friday, May 17, 2013

From Catwalk to the Streets!

When it comes to fashion stalking, I stick to blogs.  I like to see what everyday women are wearing.  Though I may not have the exact taste of a west side Los Angeles girl, I can appreciate that her style reflects her and her lifestyle.  On the opposite side, when viewing high fashion, I usually can't picture the woman behind the pieces coming down the catwalk.  They seem so obscure...which isn't such a bad thing.

High Fashion seems to be eye-candy.  Its more about putting on a show than examples of what to wear with what.  For that, I can appreciate them.  This morning I decided to skip my usual Ready-to-Wear blogs and head over to high fashion.  

Never mind the whole look, and focus on the details.  Below are some examples of how to take 2013 Spring High Fashion trends and apply them to your wardrobe.

The trend I am focusing on today is Graphics.
Graphics are BIG right now and I couldn't be more pleased.  Graphics steal the show so throw on a solid tee and you are good to go.

Breaking down the looks.

1
Marc by Marc Jacobs: MIXED PRINT WITHIN ONE PIECE
Sevier Option: Polka Palooza
Mixed Prints aren't easy to pair.  Instead of a mixed print outfit, opt for a piece with mixed prints within it.

2
Mary Katrontzou: GEOMETRIC GRAPHIC
Sevier Option: Indian Summer Silk Twill
Block prints and sharp angles equals one strong look.

3
Marc Jacobs: ANIMAL PRINT
Sevier Option: Smokin' Zebra
I love me some animal print.  This monochromatic choice is a subtle way to wear this trend.

4
Dres Van Noten: PLAID GRAPHIC
Sevier Option: Prairie Seersucker Plaid
Its hard to find a plaid not in wool.  Transition this look to summer with this light weight option.

5
Holly Fulton:JAW DROPPING GRAPHIC
Sevier Option: ???????
Well High Fashion, you have me stumped on this one.  Unfortunately, we don't offer a print with a naked girl on it.  Maybe something to keep in mind on the next buying trip...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment