There's nothing wrong with keeping yourself up to date on fashion tips, how-to's and maintenance. You can save yourself from a bad trend as well as lengthen the life of your garments. I stumbled upon this gem of 101 Fashion Tips and today I am going to share the tips that I picked up!
To save you some time, I weeded out the bad like tip #54. Chic up a sporty puffer vest by cinching the waist with a skinny belt; ladies DO. NOT. DO. THIS. EVER. If you're going to go puffy, go puffy.
The following are my favorites...
100. Use white wine to remove red wine stains.
96. “Remove white deodorant marks from a garment by gently rubbing the protective foam used on hangers against the fabric.”
84. "Dressy occasions aren’t the time to play with trends, so know your silhouette and stick to it to always look your best. Perfect example: Sofia Vergara knows she looks good in mermaid dresses, and always chooses variations of the shape on red carpets."
83. “Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press.” — Althea Harper, Designer and Rowenta Brand Ambassador
80. "If you get wax on a piece of clothing, layer wax paper over the hardened wax and then run an iron over it to loosen it up. Once you pull off the paper, the wax should come right out with it."
66. "Due to its high level of surfactants, Dawn dish detergent is especially successful at removing grease and oil stains from clothing."
58. “To remove watermarks from leather boots, add a few drops of vinegar to a bowl of cool water and scrub the stains with a soft bristle brush until stains are no longer visible. Let dry overnight.” — Daryl Carr, Marketing Coordinator, Stetson
46. "Ideally, a pencil skirt should hit just at the top of your knee. Any lower and it will start to shorten your leg."
44. "Still look chic while showing some skin: If you’re wearing a miniskirt or shorts, cover up on top. If your top is skimpy, go for full-coverage bottoms."
36. "V-neck sweaters and tees give the illusion of a longer torso"
33. “Hoop earrings are a classic style that every woman—regardless of age—should have, but the type depends on your face. If you have a thin face, go for larger round or embellished hoops. If you have a round face an elongated hoop or drop style is best.”
31. "Looking for an easy trick to make your bare legs look longer? Try nude-colored pumps. Dark shoes make your legs look shorter, but light-toned versions give the illusion that they extend a few extra inches."
27. “It’s a myth that loose styles flatter a large bust or a plus-size woman. The area just under the bust is a woman’s smallest torso measurement, so emphasizing it with a structured waistband that hits higher than your natural waist will make you look a size smaller. —BG Krishnan, President, eShakti.com
25. "A modern trick to looking like the most effortlessly stylish girl in the room: Pair dressy bottoms (a velvet maxi, a leather or beaded skirt, silk pants) with a worn gray crew-neck sweatshirt or T-shirt."
10. "Wear your new real leather jacket in the rain to break it in. Water will soften up the leather and allow it to stretch and crease at specific points on your body."
8. Use a lemon wedge to remove excess or streaky self-tanner.
2. To coax a loose thread back into place, gently tug at the stitches to the sides of the pull as well as above and below.
1. There’s nothing cooler than sticking to a signature style you know looks good on you. Slaves to fashion are never chic!
Great tips! I hope you found some of interest to you. To view all 101, click here!