Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Harlem Shake: Sevier Style!

Apparently I have been living under a rock.  A week ago my friends were gabbing about the best Harlem Shake videos.  I had no clue what they were talking about.  Am I the only one that hasn't caught on to this craze?

Obviously Sevier Skirts is in the loop...

Last week, Kelly orchestrated our very own Sevier Skirts Harlem Shake!  For the unaware like me, let me describe the Shake.  It originated from a dance in Harlem in 1981.  In 2012, some guy name Baauer created the song we hear today with the heavy bass in all the videos.  The scene starts in a mundane (not that sewing is mundane) environment with the song going and one person shakin' it, wearing some kind of head piece.  Then, as the bass hits the video cuts to everyone in the scene going crazy, usually involving props.  If there are footprints on your skirts, sorry!  Those would be from our manager Courtney dancing on the table!  She can be so unprofessional sometimes ;)

Now go home and mention casually the Harlem Shake video you saw today to your kids.  They will be so impressed with how 'IN' their mom is!  Better yet, do one with your family, I'm sure your teenager will think its SO cool (wink, wink)!!

Here are a few of my favorite Harlem Shakes:


WARNING: NO SKIRTS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS VIDEO! 

1 comment:

  1. I hardly drop responses, but i did a few searching and wound up here "Harlem Shake: Sevier Style!".
    And I actually do have a few questions for you if it's allright. Could it be only me or does it seem like some of these responses come across like left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting on additional social sites, I'd like to keep up with
    everything new you have to post. Would you make a list of the complete urls of all your community sites like
    your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


    My web page Chapter 7 bankruptcy Florida

    ReplyDelete